Friday, September 28, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday

Hey you guys! Welcome to another Feature and Follow hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read! If you're just joining us on this blogging adventure, this is how it works: Click the picture link at the bottom to visit other blogs dedicated to book blogging and book related subjects. Yay! We love books around here, right? :D

Every week the bloggers entered in the Feature and Follow are asked a question. This weeks was:



Q: What is the BIGGEST word you’ve seen used in a book lately – that made you stop and look it up? Might as well leave the definition & book too.


Well, laughs, this one cracked me up. When used in the book, I remember stopping and being like, well, that's weird. The author threw this one out in the middle of a 'romance' scene. Ready for this?



Cataglottism



What? LOL. *slaps forehead* You can't be serious. Oh, yes she did. The definition reads: kissing using the tongue, french kissing. Not sure what Victorian medial text they pulled that one out of, but don't expect me to use it anytime soon. Haha.



Thanks for stopping by guys and be sure to visit the other bloggers! :)



XOXO NIGHT TEMPEST

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for following, I'm following back =)
    Haha, that's a horrible word! xD
    Rinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following, Rinn! ♥ Agreed, it *is* a horrible word.

      Delete
  2. Okay, I would have completely guessed wrong on that one . . . nice pick!

    New follower - thanks for stopping by. Bob @ Beauty in Ruins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guessed wrong too. Before I looked it up that is. lol Thanks for stopping by, Bob. :)

      Delete
  3. Who would've thought! That would thoroughly disrupt a romantic bit in a read! Lol!!
    new foloower through GFC as lucyatmax/no pic. I can be found & followed at bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com. There you will find the definition of my word that I read and promptly looked up yesterday....obsequious and any pertinent details. :D
    Making you work for it!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Beth! I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for following.

      Delete
  4. New follower!

    Great word :)
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/09/follow-friday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I never thought it would be called that

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither. It's so clinical sounding. LOL. Thanks BLH!

      Delete
  6. lol, new word for me!

    New follower hopping by!
    My ff:
    http://bookwormmia.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow-5.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jenny! Thanks for following and stopping by. :)

      Delete
  7. When I read that word I thought it said cataclysm then I read it again like wait wtf! I learned a new word I'll probably never use lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear! That's one terrible word choice!!!! Thanks so much for stopping by my FF's! I'm a new follower, hooray! Really glad I found your site, or you found mine, let's just say I'm happy to be a new follower! =D

    ReplyDelete