Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Gay Web Comics With Night



All right, I know quite a few of you have mentioned free reads and where to find them.  Well, I'm going to twist that a bit and give you my favorite M/M web comics.  Every week, or whenever the author feels like it, these sites update with a new page of the comic.  They range from soft and sweet to wicked and explicit.  I hope you enjoy!  P.S. Click on the title of the comic to take you to the first page.  Happy reading.

~xX Night



by: Mickey

This is a high school dramedy meets super sweet bromance.  I love this comic for it's angst and silly humor.  Plus, Teddy is just the best character ever.  He's such a little nerd, but he's suave and charming when you least expect it. And Vincent...love his hair. LOL Add on top of that a cast of really great supporting characters and you have an awesome comic.

Updates every Wednesday

***



by: HamletMachine

Starfighter is my absolute favorite comic.  It's slow, sure, but every page is perfect.  The illustrations are edgy, a bit harsh, and intense compared to a lot of M/M comics.  The story is set in a sci-fi environment where the navigators and fighters are paired into teams, sharing a room and a ship.  Cain, the fighter, is an aggressive bastard.  Where Abel, his navigator, is a bit sheepish and innocent.  But even after the first time they share a room, Abel lets Cain dominate him, and so begins this back and forth, intense drama.  Both guys are totally into each other, but Cain is such a hardass that he'll never admit how he 'feels' for Abel.  And then there's the mystery surrounding Cain, and what he's really up to with Abel.  He's on a secret mission to watch over Abel, but we're not really sure why or what else is involved.  Like I said, this is my fave, and it's pretty explicit...sexually speaking.  NSFW.

Updates come whenever the hell she feels like it.  LOL

***


by: Hazel and Bell

The story follows Carter and Adrian, beginning with Carter starting his new journey as a confused gay teenager.  He's just come out, which you learn a little later, and wants nothing more than to sleep with someone ASAP.  After no luck on Craigslist, yeah Craigslist, he pursues Adrian, a kid from school.  By pursue, I mean throws himself at him in a bunch of crazy ways.  This is probably the most 'real' of all the comics because both characters are people you could relate to in high school.  The atmosphere and the other characters are very much typical teenagers and the situations they find themselves in, including controversial topics, are spot on for the most part.  Favorite part of this comic, besides Carter and Adrian of course, would have to be all the nerd nods on basically every page.  I'm jonesing for the next page over here!

  Updates are on Fridays.

***


by: Suzanna & Owen

This comic centers around Liam, the closeted pseudo-jerk, and Milo, the insecure extrovert who is in love with Liam.  The story starts out where Liam's roommate, Archie, begs Liam and then Milo to come along on a date with a girl he likes because he sucks at conversation, where Milo is completely at ease.  Milo agrees because he knows Liam is going to be there.  He ends up kissing Mr. Claims To Be Straight Liam in the bathroom, confessing his feelings, and Liam flips out.  It's a funny game of hide and seek with a few angsty twists.  It's a fun read and I always look forward to the next part. :)

Updates every Tuesday.

***


by: Alex Woolfson

If you're a Yaoi 911 fanatic, you already know about this one.  This has to be one of the most popular web comics, if not the most popular, next to Teahouse and Starfighter Comic.  HOT.  ACTION.  LOUD BOOM.  FIGHTS. SUPERHEROES!!!!  HERO VS VILLAIN MAN LOVE.  Need I say more????

Mmm hmm.

Okay, and if you haven't checked out Artifice by Alex, whoooo....  I cried.  It was SO fucking good.  And it's finished, so you can zoom right through it without holding your breath for another page.  I have to say, while I love The Young Protector artwork, Winona Nelson's illustrations in Artifice are unf.  They're a little darker, more to my tastes than the traditional comic style TYP rocks.  But I still love love love the story.

***



The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ & Amal
by:  E.K Weaver

The basic gist of this comic is Amal calls it quits with his arranged marriage and comes out to his parents.  Of  course, coming from a family that arranges marriages, they disown him and he hits rock bottom.  He gets drunk, wakes up to find TJ in his kitchen and their journey begins.  Amal promised his sister he was going to be at her graduation in Providence, and TJ makes a vow to come along for the ride...aka pay for it.  But if you read it, you know that TJ has it bad for Amal, so of course he's gonna go.  The comic centers around their journey to Providence from Berkeley.  I love this comic because it deals with real world issues and the writer portrays the characters like they're real people, doing and saying things you and I do every day.  It's easy to connect to both TJ and Amal and feel for them with every page.

***



Prince meets dark night, aka Marcus, and falls in love.  Unicorns, sparkles, chibi, squees, tons of hearts, and lots of giggles.  This is one of those feel good fairy tales that all you hope for is a kiss.  Super cute.

***


by: Wensleydale & Ocicatsy (Team Shameless)

Benedict is a bodyguard in training, working with Edmund, this major ass hat.  All Benedict wanted was a jet bike and instead, Edmund ordered him an android robot, aka a bang maid.  At first Benedict is pissed off about the obvious switch, but he gets used to having Florian, the robot, around and starts to cozy up to him.  This is definitely NSFW with full erotic pages.  Love this one.

Best page ever, where I started laughing hysterically... M1 Pg 42... "I'm so glad we can all be friends."  Have fun with that one.

***



Teahouse Comic
by: Emirain (Emi & Rain)

Basically this is the hottest comic around.  18+ only because you got a lot of naughty coming at you.  The story takes place in a brothel which was formerly a tea house, hence the name teahouse.  From royalty to anyone with enough money for a night, to the prostitutes that service them, teahouse has a plot for everyone. This is my second favorite comic next to Starfighter.  :D  ADDICTIVE. NSFW. P.S. If you want the completely unedited, explicit version of the comic with added scenes, purchase the print version.  Worth the money.

Updates every Wednesday.


***

I have so many more, but this is gonna be it for now.  If you have a fave, list it below for the next free reads post.  :)




16 comments:

  1. Love this post!! You got me seriously hooked on this stuff and it's great to have a central directory, so to speak. Thanks, Sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It is addicting, isn't it? Glad you liked it. Thanks, Kazy. :)

      Delete
  2. Thx so muc! I love TH, starfighter (team Cain, here) :o) and TJ & Amal., but I have been looking for others. Thx for the links. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally team Cain! Good that you could find some new down time material. Thanks, Pat.

      Delete
  3. Awesome post - I love Starfighter :) Will check out the others, too!

    Lauren
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check em out! There are some gems here. Thank, Lauren. ;)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for these! Also a HUGE Starfighter fan, but looking forward to some of these others!

    - Faolin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Faolin. Thanks for stopping by. :D

      Delete
  5. Great post! It has already cost me. :D Love you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need to look at junjou romantica. It is totally my fav.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a BIG junjou romantica fan. But that would considered manga or anime. These are web comics. However, I agree, it's my fave too. Thanks for stopping by. >.<

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the post Night. I absolutely love the Tearoom.... It's one of my favorite comics! I also look forward to checking out some of the others! Thanks for the links!

    ~ Krystin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where is the list of free books? I'm trying to cut back on the kindle books I'm buying, which is sooooo hard!! I really need some free reads!! Thanks girl! Love these little book updates! Just finished reading Hainted an that was really good! But didn't help with me trying to stop buying kindle books! Love you and all your stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much for sleep. Night I love you like a fat kid loves cake ( and I love me some cake). I read Starfighter and Artifice so far. Cain is a nut job but I cant help myself. I still want to like him. I'm so happy and in the zone right now. You are always gifting us with cool stuff thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Night when do The Young Protectors update as well as. the story of TJ and Amal

    ReplyDelete