Friday, October 19, 2012

Preview: Knox and Isaac Chapter 5

Helloooooo there! I had a little laugh yesterday over the comments from Heart For Trade. You guys! I didn't mean that I'm not blogging until November. *face palm* I meant that the BLOG was booked up until the end of October. I have a few guest posts going up and then the Halloween Blog Hop for the last week of October. No breaks here! Chillax. Yes, I'm busy at work, but I am on schedule with all the stories. Plus, I've left you with more than enough reading material to get you by until November 1st.

But just because I'm super evil, I leave you with this....Muahahahaha...


XOXO NIGHT TEMPEST

 
 
 
Knox and Isaac Chapter 5 Preview
 
Micah was pissed. No. Scratch that, he thought. He was enraged. Their night had started with a candlelit dinner on the beach, a little steak, a glass of wine. He’d hoped his mate could enjoy himself enough to end things with dessert. And then, Cade, naked, rolled under his under body in the sand—but no! Cade just had to go and check up on Isaac for the thousandth time since they’d arrived. Their adult son! He wanted to take that phone and throw it in the ocean.

Micah had got up from the table without a word. He’d thrown his napkin down and strode up the sandy beach to their private villa, closing the doors behind him. Now, finally in silence, he screamed his frustrations to the beautiful place he’d booked just for them.

“Just once! Just once I wanted to have something special.”

“Micah?” The glass door closed softly.

Eye’s on fire, Micah whirled around. “What!”

“I’m sorry. I just haven’t been able to get a hold of him all day and no one else knows where he is. Please don’t be mad.”

“Mad? No, Cade. I want to hurl you across the room! This is our time together—you and me. Not our son’s and not the Royals. Is it so hard to give me your attention for a few days? Is it that fucking hard to show me you give a shit about us! Do you even know why I planned this trip in this first place or even care that you’re on vacation with your mate?”

“Micah, I do—”

“No! You don’t care, Cade. You just don’t. I love our son more than you will ever know, but he is not the only love in my life. You are my heart, my soul and you act like I’m nothing more than a jacket you put on every day—something you can take off and throw on the bed. I have needs! I need you and you don’t even care!” Micah slammed the cabinet door to the wet bar, the wood splintered right off the hinges—clattering to the floor.

“Micah, take a deep breath and—”

“Don’t you dare patronize me! I have tried to make this work.” He waved between them, throwing back more than a shot of tequila. “But you… you ruin everything. You try to be this perfect person, the perfect father because your own was so god damn invincible! You know what my father was like, Cade?”

Cade’s heart beat so fast, he was losing the ability to think. He had never seen Micah so mad in all their mated life. He shook his head, pushing himself into the wall because he was actually frightened for once. Him, this strong warrior, he was scared.

“Yes,” he whispered.

“Then why do you act just like that son of a bitch? Always criticizing Isaac just like my father did to me—why can’t you be like so and so? Why can’t you just be fucking perfect like the other children? Why do you refuse to let me plan your life for you? You want to be your own person and make mistakes for yourself, be different, Isaac?” Micah put his hands up in mockery. “Oh, now we can’t have that. You.” He pointed to Cade. “You might never tell him to get the fuck out our life like my father did, but you will definitely push him out of our lives one day. In my book, it’s the same fucking thing. The day you push my son away from me is the day you don’t have a mate anymore. Do you understand me, Cadence Hightower? I will leave you, for good.”

Cade pushed off the wall, begging with his eyes. “I would never do that!”

“You are already are!” Micah roared. “He loves that man and you don’t care. You find ways to push Knox away from our son when he obviously loves Isaac back. He might be a fuck up, made mistakes more than most, but I would trust that god damned vampire with my son any day of the week. You just don’t like what you see on the outside—he’s rough, a bad boy that’s into the heavy, dirty kind of sex. You can’t stand to think you’re son might be into that. Your perfect, clean cut, ideal little Isaac wants the prince of darkness himself. But you know what, Cade? He’s not this little kid anymore. He wants to play around, live his life and he wants Knox. Get the fuck over it.”

Cade found confidence in his welling anger at the name Knox. “That mother fucker won’t touch my son. He hates Isaac!”

Micah narrowed his eyes, walking slowly towards Cade. “I bet Knox was just waiting until you’re gone. I bet he’s got his hands all over Isaac right now. And you know what else, Cade? I don’t give a rat’s ass.”

“What!” Cade’s eyes swirled silver. A growl rippled his lip. “We’re going home right now.”

“No.” Micah’s eyes matched his mate’s—swirling, deadly. “You’re not going anywhere. You’re going to give me this. Even if I have to tie you to that bed, you’re going to satisfy me and starting making good on all the shit you’ve put me through.”

Torn between arousal and anger, Cade tried to avoid a violent confrontation with his mate. He went to step around Micah, but was whirled around until his face was flat on the floor. “You’re done demanding things of me. Do this, Micah, we’re going here and there. You are my mate and it’s time you got the memo. Right now, you are no one’s father or friend. You are my husband.” The shirt on Cade’s back was torn in two. The hand around the back of his neck pressed him harder into the floor.

“This body, your mouth is mine to use. You don’t want to talk this out, let me romance you… so be it. You don’t want to sit with me for fifteen minutes without that phone because you have more important things to do? Then I’ll fuck you so hard you have no choice but to lay in bed with me for the next five days.” Micah leaned down. “Because after I’m done with you, Cade, you won’t be able to even think, let alone move. And if you so much as think about that fucking phone, I’ll fill your damned mouth so full, there’s no way you’ll be able talk.”

“Micah,” Cade hissed, squirming. As much as he tried to flip over, Micah had the upper hand. Cade swallowed. Fuck, he closed his eyes.

The linen pants he‘d chosen for tonight were ripped down his legs. His cock met cool tile and he shivered. Naked, waiting, Cade realized how selfish he’d been. He’d hurt Micah so badly that this was the only we he had to show his love now. Cade hadn’t listened to anything Micah had said. His mate was right. He was being like Micah’s father—dictating, self-absorbed. Did Micah hate him now? Did he even love him? Did Isaac?

When he felt Micah’s naked body press into his, tears leaked from his eyes. His heart hurt with Micah’s pain. Feeling it like it was own, he wanted to turn around and hug his mate, show him he was sorry. But he deserved to be used like this—like he had used Micah, walked all over him. Their mating was so one-sided and Cade was willing to make it up to Micah, to be thoroughly dominated to show his mate he felt his wrongs.

No loving preparation, nothing more than a drop of moisture roughly rubbed over his entrance and Micah thrust into him. It hurt but Cade took it all in. He screamed—the pain, the pleasure of Micah entering him was all too much. On top of it all was Micah’s ever present anger, this hopeless void in his chest. When Micah’s fingers pressed down on his hands, his body slamming against Cade’s, the Original closed his eyes and let his heart open between them. It was the only means of apology he had left. Because his voice was too busy screaming Micah’s name.

28 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, this was amazing, i cannot wait for the full chapter to come out! my goodness, micah's anger is so hot, but cade has a lot of making up to do! when can we expect the full chapter, i can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg omg all hot and bothered..oh my oh my..

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. about damned time!! GO MICAH! :) i hope he does tie his ass to the bed ;) I'm glad Cade heard this wake up call. This just proves that sometimes nice doesn't work and you have to get up in someones face to make them hear you. REALLY hear you.

    You're awesome Night. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for the rest!!! I will be obsessively checking your page every 12 minutes now!! Loved it as always. I really hope this helps Cade pull his head out of his ass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your are awesome... but EVIL, too. -.-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too hot. Yes, you are evil, as you said. It's about time Cade got the lesson. It's time he learned to let go, like all parents need to learn. Can't wait to read the rest. Thank you for the preview.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! That was a delicious little snack and totally HOT! You're awesome Night!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you ever have a day, a week, a month that just seemed like suck happened on top of suck???? When that happens (and I have been in it for three weeks) I go to comfort reads. Reads that make me happy. A lot of times it is rereading favorites. So last night I reread chapter 4 and wondered this AM as I drove to work when I could politely beg for info about 5....AND BOOM...THERE IT IS>>>>>!

    Thank you Night. And I am happy to see Cade FINALLY hear Micah. I hope this hasn't gone to long. Being a parent is hard, but being a wife/husband/mate/lover is also so important as you parent the child or children. Otherwise, what is left when they do grow up?

    Can't wait for the rest!!! THANKS THANKS THANKS and know you are on reread in troubled times....
    SusanB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn that was HOOOOOOOOOOOOTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go Micah! Go Micah! Go Micah! Cade has been so selfish to everyone, and Micah's right, he has been driving Izzy away. Knox almost didn't need to do anything to make him feel worthless, not with his father micromanaging his life. Hopefully this will be the breakthrough so that Cade doesn't spear Knox as soon as their plane lands.

    Please, please relent and post the rest of this before November. We'll love you forever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finally Cade gets it. He was always my fave, but lately he lost some of my respect. Now maybe I can start loving me some Cade again. It all started with him, so I truly hope he gets his happy family and happily ever after back on track. Much love to you Night. Can't wait for this chapter.
    Katie wondrgirl5@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. loved this preview. Can't wait for the full chapter.
    Cade/Mich have always been my fav couple, even more than Dan/Rowe. Seeing the issues and probs they have been having lately was hard. Hopefully this is the start of them healing their mating.
    Awesome as always Night!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel exactly the same way. Cade and Micah have always had my heart above all the other mates, but what do you think of Cades recent behavior? It really baffles me and seems so out of character for him. I know its just a story but man, I was genuinely pissed at him. He nearly made me start to hate him. The part that hurt me the worst was when he snapped at Dan in that group meeting the parents had. Telling Dan basically to 'fuck off' cuz he doesn't have kids and his opinions don't matter... whoa. So not Cade.
      Then there is also Rowe... what happened to him? He is all quiet and doesn't seem very involved within his peeps anymore. I figured he would have flipped his lid at Cade for hurting dan. I just miss how they used to be I guess. Nothing stays the same forever right? Thank god we can always go back and read the old chapters.
      Can't wait to see how it all turns out. I wanna know how pappa Cade is gonna react when he finds out Knox is Isaac's true mate and not just a crush...Cuz Cade was all about Isaac finding a mate. Grrr I'm so anxious I can't stand it.
      Katie wondrgirl5@gmail.com

      Delete
  13. damn......loved every word.....please, please post the rest soon....

    ReplyDelete
  14. HOT!!! Damn Micah!!! I love this soo much :D So glad that they are going to work on their issues now :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so happy Micah FINALLY took charge!!!! This preview is so HOT! I can hardly wait for the whole chapter and I hope Cade has a change of heart where Knox is concerned. Thanks again Night you made my day!

    Krystin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sooooo....instead of tormenting myself by reading this ima just wait until the next chapter. So what you are saying is that November 1st there will be a new Knox and Isaac? Yes? Yes right? SHE SAID YES! YAY!!!!!


    Ivan :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Katie wondrgirl5 you said everything I was thinking so thanks for saving me the trouble of putting it into words.LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! You're more than welcome. I just had to get that off my chest. Her writing is so real that it evokes real emotions in me and I just pour myself into the stories like I never have before. It sounds kinda weird but I'm kinda weird, and I like it;)

      But truly I miss our lovey dovey Cade and Micah, and I really miss bitchy Rowe and Dans snyde comments. I know this one is all about Knox and Izzy, but I just wanred to be a big whiner and say I missed our other guys lol! Don't hate me Night *down on knees begging*. Heehee. Much love.
      Katie wondrgirl5@gmail.com

      Delete
  18. Well, It's about time!! Micah finally grew a spine and brought Cade down a few pegs. For how long though? He might need to "take charge" on a regular basis, lol. Could be Micah gets some tips from Knox? *smuckles*

    ReplyDelete
  19. In a word... WOW!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. **waving pom poms** GOOOOOO MICAH. GOOOOO MICAH!! Hee. Hee hee evil 'about time' teaser. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAY! The first week of November is going to rock so hard. Izzy & Knox. New favorite bands releasing music. New Nora Roberts. I think I am going to only do a few things at a time so that I have something to look forward too. YAY for you oh Temptress of the Dark. Oh and I lol'd at Micah telling Cade about his son's dirty little secrets. That is just too funny. LIke trying to explain to my mom why I really wanted these leather pants I was looking at. Just one of those things that you leave in secretville. hahahaha. I can't wait for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for writing for us so often and much! Though to be completely honest, you could probably write and post 24/7 and it still wouldn't be enough for me. Your stories are captivating and deep with twisting plots and evolved characters, there are no other writers whose blogs I check several times a day....just in case. So thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Theatrewhisper said it perfectly. So thank you

    ReplyDelete
  24. Damn girl...just, yeah, damn.

    ReplyDelete
  25. god, and this is only a preview.....

    ReplyDelete