Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Knox and Isaac Chapter 4: PREVIEW

 
KNOX AND ISAAC: CHAPTER 4 PREVIEW
 
City buildings flew past Isaac’s eyes. Their car breaking record speeds in city traffic as Hannah navigated around vehicles without caution. He was going to throw up. He just knew it somehow. That was a lie, he knew the how, the why—had felt the building sickness for the past few hours. His secret debut grew closer with every passing second. It wasn’t so much the fact that he was going to dance, take his clothes off down to the leather thong he had on underneath. The nerves were due to Knox, the reaction or possible rejection he would receive from the vampire he had grown to love.

Yes, despite the way Knox treated him, the things he said. Isaac always knew deep in his heart Knox was his and he was Knox’s. It was in the way Knox watched him when he was supposed to be angry. It was in the way Knox was always near. It came down to the smallest things like Knox switching strictly to orange popcicles after their kitchen encounter, in secret, listening to the same music as him. That made Isaac smile even though he still felt like he was going to be sick.

Rolling down the window for some fresh air, he inhaled the scent of the city. Garbage, urine, take-out and some heavy perfume as they passed a group of teenage girls—God, he loved this place. The lights, way above were always his favorite. Like the stars before the stars, Isaac stared at the sky. He jumped when Nan put a hand on his shoulder, the vehicle pulling down the alley behind Sated.

“We’re here, Iz,” she murmured. Nan saw his eyes flicker, widen before panic set in.

One look at the back door with the spray painted club logo and Isaac forgot how to breathe correctly. One sharp gasp led to many smaller ones—his hands finding Emma’s head rest to ground him to the world.  Great time to have a panic attack, Isaac, he chastised himself.

“Huh uh.” Hannah cut the engine, turning in her seat. “You are not going to chicken out. This is the first time you’ve really set your mind to something. No turning back, Izzy baby. If you need to hurl do it outside. I’ve got some tic tacs around here someplace.”

“Hannah.” Emma groaned. “A little encouragement maybe? You sound like a football coach or some shit.”

“That was encouraging.” Hannah shrugged. “Come on, Iz. Let’s get out and get you some air.”

His eyes were still locked on the back door. A half dressed man eyed the vehicle suspiciously, popping open the back door and slipping inside. Isaac caught a quick flicker of a line in the back hall before the door closed.

“You can do this,” Nan whispered in his ear, stroking his hair slowly. “You love to dance, Iz. Go show him. Fight back for once.”

His phone buzzed in his lap, the feeling triggered a lull in his throbbing head. It was a message from Joseph.

Waiting for you guys in the back. Better get here quick if you want a spot. The line is filling up. J

“Tell me I can do this,” he said unsure.

“You can do this,” the three girls returned. The confidence in their eyes, the three women that had his back until the end, were all sure he was ready.

“Okay, let’s do this.” He wrapped his coat tighter around his body.

Emma opened his door, allowing him to plant one long lean leg on the ground. Leather met the asphalt. Tight thigh high boots secured with ties ran the length of his legs. He felt like he was in a movie. All he was missing was a red carpet. Only in this movie, when he breached that door, no one would know who he was. Except for two people he would have to avoid until he went on stage. Frank and Knox, there was the tricky part.

Watching Isaac intently, Nan checked both sides of the alley before opening the back door for him. Emma and Hannah stood to either side with their arms crossed. Isaac took a deep breath and shed his coat, holding onto it for dear life.

“Showtime.” He walked through the door to the back of a line. 

23 comments:

  1. Hurry. Hurry. HURRY. -- Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  2. can I start the "More now" chant already or should I wait a bit? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you look up the word teaser in the dictionary I swear your picture will be next to it. And the definition will be...."Slowly driving her readers insane and begging for more." With that being said. I'll be at the end of the line waiting for the complete post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahahahahaa. Izzy is going to have sitting issues after this next chapter. I am not sure it is wise on his part to mess with a hot, tasty vampire who likes to spank. Wait... Im lying. I would mess with him too. I am so excited for the next chapter and the end too. I thought Dan and Rowe were my favorite but damn it, I am just not sure anymore. I think I will just put all my favorites in a circle instead of tiers like a wedding cake I want to nibble my way through. That way they are all equal. Like the Knights of the Round Table. Except these are Knights of the hot table. Close enough right? I hope all is well on your end. Thanks for a lovely little treat. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now how am I supposed to go through my day?
    Those hints in Nan and Jaska episode and now this....Seriously, have some mercy.
    But thanks for all the hard work. Now hurry up and write or curse of the readers will haunt you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE ENTIRE CHAPTER!!! (Oops sorry for shouting lol ;)

    Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I loved it!! I can't wait for more. Now I will begin obsessively checking your page 500 times a day to see when you update. I cannot wait for Knox to see Izzy dance; he is going to freak!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SEE SEE TOLD YOU YOU HATED ME! Teasing and torturing a poor desperate fan so. Can't wait for this chapter in full.

    Love ya bunches

    boodooder420
    sheltonwayne99@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice teaser!
    Can't wait for the full chapter!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg when r u going to post full chapter need to know really really need to know..im obsessed...

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!! I want more!!! Of course Isaac knew Knox is his and I still love reading that part :D:D I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE WHOLE THING!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The suspense is killing me, honestly it is. I have heart palpitations every time I read about Knox and Izzy but in a good way. I'm going through withdrawal. Please don't make us wait any longer. It is going to be SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really.....really now. I knew I shouldn't have read this cuz now I am impatient. Gah I know itz worth the wait and all.....I just can't wait any longer. I'm slowly going insane.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my good god. Hurry up lovely woman, we are dying here!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do love a good tease Night, thanks for rewarding us a little for our patience. I am anxiously awaiting the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do love a good tease Night, thanks for rewarding us a little for our patience. I am anxiously awaiting the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. R.I.P. Reign. She lived. She read. She died of suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my want to see what happens so bad can't wait for the week to end.
    Your the best kip up the good worck

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ugh. Completely missed the word "preview" when I pulled this up on my phone. Knox & Iz have become my favorites but my level of patience is nowhere near Knox's level so, please?

    ReplyDelete
  20. More!more! take it of! come on baby wiggle those hips! Yeah more! Oops got carried away with the crowd that is going to go ape over his moves.Poor Knox is not going to know what hit him. Please post full chapter soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah, What they said...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hmmm how about kill me now

    ReplyDelete